The Black Gold Optimist Club of Leduc offers this chance to acknowledge two outstanding students to a different Leduc area elementary school each year on a rotational basis. School staff choose the recipients.
Knowing the importance of education, our club is hoping this type of incentive for effort, achievement and concern for others will help to spur on all students to higher goals and promising futures. Two students were selected from a worthy group of nominees for this award. The document states that each selected student:
- Displays initiative, scholastic effort and academic achievement
- Demonstrates respect for school rules and the rights of others
- Promotes friendship among all students and staff
- Shows a willingness to be involved in school or community activities and events
- Has a respect for self, respect for others and is responsible for personal actions
- Best exemplifies the Optimist Creed (view by clicking the Creed tab)
CONGRATULATIONS to both students and their supportive families and teachers.
Optimist member Bob Scott holds the Cash Bursary envelope while the smiling Male recipient Jesse Johnson holds the framed Certificate.
Optimist member Denise Stamp is shown with the beaming Female recipient Alexandra Haberman and the presented Certificate. Her Cash Bursary is safely tucked away in a gift bag.
It was a real pleasure for us to be in the midst of all the great students, teachers and staff at Notre Dame School (as it was at another school last year).
THANK YOU for allowing us to try and help to " Bring out the Best in Kids"; which parents and teachers do on an every day basis.