On the final day of elementary school which was Friday June 26, 2015 (before summer break) at Ecole Corinthia Park, Leduc Optimist members Donna, Bob and Denise attended the final assembly.
One female student (Liv Sveinsson - Grade 6) and one male student (Marc James - Grade 6) received framed Certificates of Personal Achievement and Community Spirit with Cash Bursaries.
The listed criteria for each honoured student includes:
· Displays initiative, scholastic effort and academic
· Demonstrates respect for school rules and the rights
· Promotes friendship among all students and staff
· Shows a willingness to be involved in school or
community activities and events
· Has a respect for self, respect for others and is responsible
for personal actions
· Best exemplifies the Optimist Creed.
The two students were selected by school staff from among a number of worthy nominees within the whole student body. These awards are rotated around to a different Leduc area elementary school each year and this was our Club's 5th year of making the annual presentations.
CONGRATULATIONS to the deserving recipients and THANKS to all the school staff for helping to Bring Out the Best in Kids on an every day basis.
Post a Comment